Dental Implants – Mississauga, ON
A Permanent Solution
for Tooth Loss
Are you missing a single tooth? Do you have an entire row of teeth that is making it difficult to eat or speak? Dental implants can be the solution you need to breathe new life into your smile. As the most superior form of tooth replacement available, they can restore both the root and crown while offering optimal stability and functionality. With a skilled dentists at Family Dental Care to assist with dental implant placement and restoration, we can make the process convenient, comfortable, and enjoyable. Contact us to learn if you’re eligible to receive dental implants in Mississauga.
Why Choose Family Dental Care for Dental Implants?
- Dentists with Special Training In Implants and Periodontics
- Advanced Technology for Accurate Placement
- Affordable Payment Plans Available
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are prosthetics designed to mimic the natural tooth root. Surgically placed inside the jawbone, the titanium material fuses to create a solid foundation that supports a customized restoration (i.e., crown, bridge, or denture). Restoring the full tooth structure from root to crown, patients can expect greater functionality, improved jawbone stimulation, and a more youthful appearance.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
Understanding how dental implants work requires that you recognize it is a lengthy process. Although no two cases are alike, each patient must complete the following steps: initial consultation, dental implant surgery, osseointegration, and delivery of the finalized restoration. While the process does take longer than traditional dental bridges and dentures, the results are well worth the time, money, and effort.
- Initial Consultation: You will meet with a member of our team to discuss your eligibility and whether you require preliminary treatments.
- Dental Implant Surgery: Your implant dentist will use local anesthesia to numb your mouth before making one or more incisions in your gums to place each dental implant.
- Osseointegration/Abutments: Recovery will include spending 3-6 months at home allowing osseointegration (the fusing of the bone and implant) to complete. You will then receive metal abutments that will attach to your implants.
- Delivery of Finalized Restoration: Once you are fully healed, you will return to receive your customized crown, bridge, or denture, which will be secured to the top of your implant.
Benefits of Dental Implants
As you compare the benefits of dental implants to those of dental bridges and dentures, you will find they stand high above the rest. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Greater stability because of their surgical placement within the jawbone, allowing you to eat your favorite foods and worry less about your prosthetic slipping.
- Improved jawbone stimulation each time you bite down or chew, which helps to keep your facial features full and more youthful.
- A longer-lasting prosthetic that can remain in place for 30 years or more with proper care.
- An easy-to-clean solution that doesn’t require special cleaning supplies.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
You’ll be pleased to learn that most adults with tooth loss are eligible to receive dental implants. Depending on your oral and overall health as well as your jawbone density, you may or may not be able to move forward with dental implant surgery right away. Instead, our team may suggest preliminary treatments like periodontal therapy, tooth extraction, or even bone grafting if it will improve your chances of dental implant success.
Missing Single Tooth
A single missing tooth can be enough to change the way you eat or speak. By allowing us to use one titanium implant post, metal abutment, and customized dental crown, we can fill in the gap and provide a renewed and refreshed appearance that allows you to practice normal daily tasks with ease.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Missing multiple teeth often means a dental bridge or partial denture; however, with dental implants, we can surgically place two implant posts in the outer sockets. This creates a stable foundation for the bridge when placed. Fusing dental crowns to create the restoration, it will rest on top of the implants to recreate your smile.
Missing All Teeth
Traditional dentures are not the only way to achieve a complete set of teeth. Implant dentures use between four and six dental implants to stabilize and restore your incomplete smile. Our team will help you choose between a fixed or removable denture that allows you great comfort and reliability that will carry with you over the years.
All-On-4 Dental Implants
Traditionally, implant prosthetics can require the placement of six or even more dental implants along one arch. Thankfully, All-On-4 is a transformative alternative that limits the number of implants required while still providing outstanding functionality, security, and aesthetic value to patients who’ve suffered with the consequences of tooth loss for too long. Better yet, this process can be completed in as little as one day, which significantly reduces healing time for the patient and helps them smile brighter right away!
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
The cost of dental implants cannot be determined by another person’s experience. Every case is different, which means you must schedule an appointment to determine how much you can expect to pay for your new teeth. Although many dental insurance companies don’t offer coverage for the surgical part of the procedure, they may agree to pay for your consultation, preliminary treatments, or customized restoration.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Worried About Bleeding Gums I Want to Enhance My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Anxious/Afraid of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services